REPERE Evaluation Package
View resource name in all available languages
Package d’évaluation REPERE
The REPERE project (REconnaissance de PERsonnes dans des Emissions audiovisuelles) consists in a series of 3 evaluation campaigns for multimedia information processing systems. The project was funded by the DGA (Délégation Générale de l’Armement, France).
The REPERE Evaluation Package contains the visual annotation of 60 hours of French news TV shows, for the purpose of person recognition within TV programs. This annotation concerns both persons and written information appearing on screen. For the evaluated systems, the aim is to answer automatically to the following questions:
- What is, at each moment, the identity of the persons appearing on screen?
- What is, at each moment, the identity of the persons who are speaking?
- Who are, at each moment, the persons which names are pronounced?
- Who are, at each moment, the persons which names appear on screen?
In order to measure the quality of the answers given by the evaluated systems, a manual description of the videos, has been produced. Thus, the speech of the persons was segmented, transcribed and annotated. Visual information was also annotated manually: detection of heads, description of embedded text, person identification.
Provided data consists of:
- video files with indexes and with manual transcriptions in XGTF format (Viper),
- audio files compressed in WAV format with transcriptions in TRS format (Transcriber).
This package includes the material that was used for the REPERE evaluation campaign. It includes resources, scoring tools, results of the campaign, etc., that were used or produced during the campaign. The aim of this evaluation package is to enable external players to evaluate their own system and compare their results with those obtained during the campaign itself.
View resource description in all available languages